Houseworks generally carries a significant inventory of glass skylights for both residential and commercial applications. We also carry a large selection of flashing kits for deck and curb-mounted units. A note regarding flashing kits: VELUX changed the size of some models and the color of all skylights in 2010. We try to keep flashing kits in stock for every skylight but please call first. We generally can have the flashing kits you need within two or three business days.
Often our commercial customers order custom-sized acrylic or polycarbonate domes from us or ask us to fabricate structural skylights. While Houseworks does not manufacture any skylights, we maintain relationships with a number of key vendors who’s products we stand behind. Usually these skylights are custom-built and may require two to six weeks for fabrication. Since most acrylic domes are custom ordered we keep very few of them in stock.
If Houseworks does not have the skylight or flashing kit you need we can get it for you. We usually get at least two deliveries each week from VELUX or, if you are in a real rush we can authorize a customer pick up directly from the VELUX Distribution Center, 3565 Butterfield (at Eola Road) in Aurora, Illinois. We are also happy to deliver skylights or flashings to you or your job site…nominal delivery charges may apply.
SKYLIGHTS for FLAT ROOFS
- Acrylic double domes can be fabricated in almost any size (see below) depending on the ultimate shape required.
- The double acrylic domes are available in standard acrylic colors – Clear over Clear, Bronze over Clear, White over Clear or Clear over White.
- Polycarbonate glazing (seven times stronger that acrylic) is also available in both Clear over Clear and Clear over White.
- The CM and CAP models are fabricated using mill finished aluminum stock that features a polyurethane thermal break and weep holes to minimize condensation.
- The CAP system (with self-flashing curbs) can be ordered with an optional louver to provide ventilation without opening.
VELUX also manufactures a line of double domed skylights, the CMA, that replaces the mill finished aluminum with a neutral gray finished frame with thermal break and a white PVC interior. They come in nine stock sizes or can be made to fit any curb up to 102″ X 150″.
These skylights may come fully glazed or can be site-built. Those styles that feature flat panels are usually glazed with thermally insulated glass or polycarbonate panels. Structural skylights with curved surfaces are generally glazed using acrylic or polycarbonate panels some of which can be insulated.
VELUX MODULAR SKYLIGHTS (VMS)
Please see the section on our website devoted to providing information on the new VMS units for both commercial and residential applications.